The Experience Lowell Arts Market features Lowell-practicing artists, makers, and cultural organizations so visitors and Lowell residents can experience everything that Lowell’s arts and culture community has to offer.
Mosaic Lowell produces Experience Lowell twice a year: during the City of Lowell’s Annual WinterFest (February) and the Lowell Folks Folk Festival (July). Each marketplace has its own criteria, based on a number of event-specific logistics. We encourage you to thoroughly review each opportunity before applying. Both the WinterFest and Folk Festival markets are juried.
WinterFest applications are currently closed. All applicants will receive notification of their status by end of day on January 16th. Sign-up on our email list here to be notified of upcoming market opportunities.
This is the first year that Winterfest will take place downtown between Merrimack Street and Middle Street. Located in the Enterprise Bank parking lot at 222 Merrimack Street, this event will feature Lowell artists and makers, alongside live music, family activities, food and entertainment. This marketplace is produced in collaboration with the City of Lowell.
Artist fee for 2 days with a 10’ x 10’ space with one 8’ table and 2 chairs: $40. Scholarships are available for artist vendors, please inquire at email@example.com
Date and Time of the 2024 marketplace (subject to change based on event schedule):
- Friday, February 16th, 6:00 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
- Saturday, Februray 17th, 12:00 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
- Applications Due by 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2023
- Jury convenes: January 8-12, 2024
- Notification to artists by January 16, 2024
- Booth Fees due/deadline to withdraw by February 2, 2024
Experience Lowell will prioritize, but not limit to, Lowell-based makers, and artist groups.
Permitted items include:
- Arts and crafts produced by the exhibitor such as: fine arts, pottery, fiber art, jewelry, glasswork, candles, soaps, traditional crafts, etc.
- Books or publications illustrated by the artist or written by the exhibitor (i.e. poetry, prose, short stories, etc.) and/or local author anthologies
- Locally made non-perishable pre-packaged culinary items (ex. Bottled hot sauce, honey, etc.)
- Galleries or artist cooperatives may sell work by multiple artists
Prohibited items include:
- Commercial items for resale, imported or consigned goods, vintage or thrift resale
- Alcoholic beverages or other age-restricted consumable items
- Any visual representation of sexual or violent content
Important Facts for Exhibitors:
- Exhibitors must be present at their table during all open hours for both days of the event.
- Exhibitors cannot set up after the start time or pack up before the end of the event.
- Please plan for sufficient inventory for the 2 day event
- Exhibitor is responsible for handling their own sales
- It is recommended that exhibitors have the capability to accept virtual payments and/or credit card payments, but this is not required.
- Exhibitor is responsible for collecting and forwarding Massachusetts sales tax to Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
- There is no available wifi, so be prepared to use data to process virtual sales
- Electrical power and water source are not available, so be prepared to operate without an available electric outlet and bring any cleaning supplies you may require.
- Artwork must be appropriate for all ages
- Placement within the Experience Lowell area is at the discretion of the planners and non-negotiable.
- Items must be in secured boxes and clearly labeled for overnight storage. Experience Lowell is not liable for damages to, or theft or loss of any items.
- Any additional display structures must be provided by the exhibitor, but may not be placed outside your allotted 10’ x 10’ space.
Experience Lowell Provides:
- One 8 foot table and two chairs
- All vendors will be placed under 1 large heated outdoor tent
- Volunteers to mind your tent during your breaks
- A secure nighttime storage area will be provided for Friday evening (limited to three stackable plastic totes (i.e. Rubbermaid) that can securely close per vendor)
To apply, click here. You will be required to submit:
- A website and/or social media page links
- Up to 5 images of your work including a previous booth set up if available
- Description of products you plan to sell
Correspondence and notification will be done entirely by email, so please make sure the email address provided is one you check frequently. Artists and organizations will be juried by a panel including Mosaic Lowell staff, Winterfest staff, and community members.
Applicants under age 18 are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult and present for the entire festival. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com
LOWELL FOLK FESTIVAL
More information to come.